Senior UI Artist | Art
Senior UI Artist | Art
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the Senior UI Artist, you will:
- Report to the UX/UI Lead and collaborate with the Design and Art teams to create beautiful and functional interfaces.
- Communicate your vision and design using the appropriate artifacts (moodboards, mockups, animatics, prototypes, etc.)
- Help define, evolve, and apply a consistent UI language throughout the project.
- Create and animate UI elements for the game, including iconography, in-game signs and feedback, menus, and UI animations.
- Implement your work in UE4 with the help of Technical Designers and Engineers for the heavy lifting.
- Own the ongoing asset generation strategy and pipeline from concept to implementation.
- Empathize with all types of gamers and be passionate about making the game welcome and accessible to everyone
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design (web, games, apps, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for video games and user interface art and design
- 4+ years experience in the games industry
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and other industry-standard design, animation, and prototyping tools
- Ability to implement your work in-engine to execute technical implementations and understanding of limitations
- Ability to create readable and stylized iconography
- Talent and experience with UI animation
- Unreal 4 experience HIGHLY valued
- Avid gamer and understands industry trends
- Adjacent talents like 3D modeling and Illustration are a plus
- Has shipped an AAA title in the same or similar role
- User-focused thinking and design sensibilities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.