Senior 3D Environment Artist | Art
Senior 3D Environment Artist | Art
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the Senior 3D Environment Artist, you will:
- Create content, including 3D modeling/sculpting, 2D texture map painting, material setup/UV layout – adhering to defined quality standards, conceptual designs, artistic style, and technical parameters.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Art Leads, Environment Artists, and Concept Artists to create environments that represent the conceptual designs, and fit the overall aesthetic and artistic vision.
- Be experienced in environment art workflow, assembly, set dressing, and asset composition.
- Maintains the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release.
- Ensure environment assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Proactively communicate and identify issues, as well as help drive participation in discussions.
- Facilitates requests or info needs regarding any aspect of the environment/level art creation process as needed.
- Actively improve skillset and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and traditional art methods.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills. Entails collaborating with Production group to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones, and overall project goals.
- Clearly communicates updates and properly escalates concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Works under minimal direction to determine and develop an approach to solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience or related experience.
- Very Experienced with Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the art production pipeline and all engine features, tools, and systems associated with the creation of art assets.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design.).
- Proficient in the use of Maya, (or 3D modeling package) Zbrush, and Substance Designer and Painter.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, particle systems, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, VFX, and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience.
- Has shipped an AAA console or PC title as a senior environment artist.
- Mobile / Console / PC Games experience.
- Cinematic or television art production experience.
- A love for video games, movies, and animation.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, lighting, staging, color, composition.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.