Senior Tech Artist
Senior Tech Artist
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the Senior Tech Artist, you will:
- Help us create and maintain comprehensive rigs for a wide cast of compelling characters. We have a rigging system in place, but there’s a lot more problem solving to do as we tackle a complex cast with a wide variety of requirements.
- Help us streamline our systems and tools to keep our team small and efficient. Our goal is speed without sacrificing quality. Players deserve the best, but shouldn’t have to wait a decade for more content.
- Be a creative voice on the team. We’re all intimately involved in the development of our project. This requires frequent playtesting and feedback to make it as good as it can be.
- Iterate. Design and art are constantly evolving to produce the best possible result. We need someone who can roll with the punches and who can identify areas where we can improve.
- Extensive Knowledge of rigging in Maya
- Proficient in Python and MEL scripting in Maya
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- 3+ years of game development experience
- Understanding of runtime performance and how to optimize assets
- Able to comfortably communicate with programmers, designers, and artists
- Familiar with physics simulations (hair, cloth, etc.) in Maya and Unreal
- Deep Unreal Engine Knowledge
- Worked through an entire production cycle
- Shipped AAA title
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.