Art | Senior 3D Character Animator
Art | Senior Character Animator
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the Senior Animator, you will:
- Animate a wide variety of characters.
- Translate a large cast of beloved characters with their own established styles into a unified look and feel.
- Work very closely with Designers and other Animators. Contribute directly to the development of characters.
- Own each project from beginning to end with little oversight. Must be good with time management and communication.
- Help drive the studio forward in quality and execution. This is your chance to make a huge impact as a game developer!
- Understand the fans and think like a gamer. We playtest the game very regularly and react to a lot of feedback. We work for our audience.
- Strong understanding of Fighting Games – relevant timing, posing, and selling a hit
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to receive and provide feedback
- Love making games and awesome animations (This is the big one!)
- Experience with Maya
- Basic knowledge of Game Engines
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of animating for a fighting game
- Deep knowledge of Unreal, Unity, or similar toolset
- Able to serve your own Maya side tool requirements if needed. (MEL, Python)
- Experience with development on multiple platforms
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.