Senior Environment Concept Artist | Art
Senior Environment Concept Artist | Art
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the Senior Environment Artist, you will:
- Create inventively re-imagined environment concepts that inspire a team and contribute to the unique visual direction of a new game.
- Create color studies and lighting keys to inform and inspire other environment artists.
- Be highly skilled at creating environments, including assembly, set dressing, and asset composition.
- Understand, inspire, and harmonize with the characters to achieve the goal that draws players into the game
- Collaborate and iterate on game assets with internal and external production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
- Skilled at creating unexpected and awe-inspiring work that will help promote and enroll others in the unique artistic vision of the game.
- Assist with outsourced game art, reviewing submissions, checking quality, and upholding the integrity of the art style
- Coordinate with other art leads, design, and production to help accomplish team goals.
- Able to support the game’s artistic vision to both internal and external artists/teams. Providing feedback, maintaining documentation, and communicating daily.
- Work closely with the Art Director, and Concept Artists to create environments that work aesthetically and represent concept work and artistic vision.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the art production pipeline and all engine features, tools, and systems associated with the creation of art assets.
- Work with 3D artists and outsource supervisors to complete final modeling and render of concepts.
- Add final paint-over polish to 3D renders to enhance color, lighting, and details.
- Communicate updates and escalate concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal direction to determine and develop an approach to solutions.
- Actively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and traditional art methods.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience as a senior concept artist and/or art lead.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design).
- A keen eye for design, form, shape, silhouette, structure, and composition with the ability to translate these ideas to real-time game environments.
- Deep understanding of organic material, textures, and forms and knowing how to stylize them.
- Proven ability to create compelling and memorable environments that help tell a story.
- Shipped a game as a senior artist and helped oversee the quality of the art, and implementation.
- A passion and excitement for collaboration. Creating exceptional entertaining game experiences is a team effort – you thrive when researching and conceptualizing ideas with like-minded teammates.
- Positive, proactive problem-solver.
- Lead by example and contribute to a positive, supportive, and inspiring studio culture.
- Familiarity with video game product development – workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, particle systems, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, VFX, and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Has shipped an AAA console or PC title as an in-game senior environment artist.
- Mobile / Console / PC Games experience.
- Cinematic or television art production experience.
- A love for video games, movies, and animation.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, lighting, staging, color, composition.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.