Art | VFX Artist
Art | VFX Artist
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games is building best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team will have a significant impact on the direction of the game and the growth of the company. As the VFX Artist, you will:
- Design, Create and Implement Stylized real-particle effects using 2D/3D elements
- Create FX Shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX Textures (Color, Alpha, Dissolve, etc.)
- Create Simple Geometry and Assign UV’s
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory
- Collaborate with other people and departments
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to receive and provide feedback
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating beautiful visual effects that support gameplay
- Self-motivation, excellent interpersonal skills, and being able to work within a team.
- Minimum 3 years in the games industry, AAA game experience preferred
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- Strong understanding of colors, shapes, and timing
- Proficient in Maya or other equivalent 3D software
- Proficient in Photoshop or other equivalent photo editing software
- Has shipped an AAA console or PC title as an FX artist.
- Knowledge of the art of fundamentals including Color theory, Visual Design, and Composition
- Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills, and ability to use reference materials
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience on some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 outbreak and until circumstances allow for a safe return. Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.